Monday, September 5, 2011

What Do Women Want?

How many fucking times have you heard this? "What do women want?"

That's like asking: "How long is a piece of string?"

Women are, just like any other group of humans or animals, vastly different from one another. Some of us are smart, others not so much. Some of us take care of our bodies, and some of us don't. Some of us like to get flowers and chocolates, and some of us think it's stupid. Some of us fall for the old chivalrous act, and others feel like that's outdated and chauvinistic.

Asking what women want is not useful.

If you want to know what a particular woman wants, there's one way to find out. Ask her. Spend time with her. Dig deep to find out what she likes and what she doesn't.

Here's an example...

Most guys seem to be under the impression that all women like mushy romantic stuff. While that may be true on occasion, it's not true 100% of the time. I, for example, don't particularly care for mushy stuff during sex. I like it at other times, but not during sex. Don't ask me why. I really have no idea. All I know is that I prefer my sex rough and wild like sandpaper and tigers, not soft and mushy like overripe bananas. *shrug* It's just how I feel.

Other women can't stand rough sex. They hate talking dirty. They want things slow and sensual. That's not me, but that is some women.

Don't try to lump women into a one-size-fits-all situation. It won't work. You have to treat women as individuals. Get to know them personally. Is it more work? Sure. But if you can get to know a woman well, she'll be putty in your hands. And isn't that ultimately what you men are looking for?

See what I did there? I said "what you men are looking for". That's the exact kind of generalization you want to avoid. Don't stereotype. Don't lump people in together. Get to know the individual. Being seen as human beings with individual personalities... that is what women want!

No comments:

Post a Comment